Deer in the Woods–Project QUILTING June Challenge FINISH

It all started with the ‘Panel It’ Project QUILTING Challenge for JuneIMG_9942I had had this deer panel for a bit now and one of my 2014 goals was to do what I had dreamed in my head that I wanted to do with it…converge it for my parent’s cottage.  First…I pulled the fabrics I wanted to go with it – a hand-dyed blue and a brown/gold print.IMG_9943Time for the vertical convergence.IMG_9944And here it is all sewn together.IMG_9945I realized I didn’t want to cut up the deer heads anymore than they already were so I only partially converged horizontally.  I think it created more of a frame around them.  IMG_9946I also decided that the was way too much blue on the right…I decide to just completely cut that side off.IMG_0789I added some partial borders in a green gold print.  This is a belated father’s day gift for my dad and his favorite color is green so I wanted to be sure to add some in.  I then did some vertical wavy quilting in the brown/blue strips and bound the quilt. 

I’ll admit – it didn’t turn out like I had envisioned in my head originally BUT my parents already said they like it and it will look nice hanging in their cabin.IMG_0790

And with that…my June Project QUILTING quilt is finished!

1 comment: